Thursday, December 8, 2011

Where does he get his ideas?

Aidan just walked into the kitchen and asked me, "What do you think would happen if Queen Elizabeth fell asleep in her bathroom?"

My immediate question to him was, "How would they know she was asleep?"

To which he promptly replied, "Well, they probably have window washers ..."

Surprised, I asked, "You think the window washers would be able to see Queen Elizabeth in the bath?!?"

He snuffled, "She wouldn't be in the bath."

So I asked, "What if she's on the toilet?"

"Well, that would be gross. Why do you keep making these things up, Mom? She wouldn't be asleep on the toilet."

I proposed that they might have to break down the door. Aidan agreed, and added, "Or the window. But she probably has about 5 windows. She probably has 5 bathrooms!"

So I asked, "What made you think of this?"

He answered, "Well, she's the queen and she's rich..."

I interjected, "And so you were wondering what might happen if a rich person fell asleep in their bathroom with the door locked?"

Naturally, he responded, "Yes."

I pointed out that that isn't likely to happen very often, he agreed, and we started a new conversation.

(wink!)

No comments:

Post a Comment