Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Hair cut

Aidan has been almost constantly brushing aside his "bangs," and it's becoming a bit of a habit, perhaps even a distraction.

We finally decided to take the time to cut his hair this evening.

We dug out the old, corroded clippers and tried to turn them on. No luck. I pulled out the clipper oil from the kit and it was empty. So, figuring I had nothing to lose, I dropped a bit of olive oil on the blades and, presto! it worked.

Aidan wanted to keep a bit of length on his "bangs," but I'm not a hairstylist, so my haircutting skills are limited. We went with a #6 all over, and I tapered the back with a #3.

Aidan said he was worried that he might not look very smart after getting a buzz cut. After all, his head would seem so much smaller! Then, he hesitated as he looked in the mirror and said, "No, my head is still pretty big." It is a Cove head, so such largeness can't be helped.

The trifling things that concern this boy, crack me up sometimes.

No comments:

Post a Comment