Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Horton Entend un Zou!

Aidan and I are reading French books together every night now. For now, it's mostly me reading to him. So that we have enough selection to avoid too much repetition, I asked Aidan to select 5 books from the public library to bring home.

His first selection was, "Horton Entend un Zou!" (interestingly, the cover image from the library record is different ... "Horton Entend un Qui!" ... I suppose the translator had more fun rhyming with "Zou" than with "Qui.")


This is a dearly-loved book in its English form, in our home. I wasn't expecting much from the French translation, but I have to give it an enthusiastic two thumbs up!

This classic has been masterfully translated into French, flowing and rhyming in charming Seuss fashion. Aidan recognized some of his most recent vocabulary words in the text, and I'm amazed at how quickly I can read this book aloud, without stumbling over words! I love the reading of it almost as much as "Fox in Socks!"

2 comments:

  1. I guess that would be "'Orton" , eh?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mais oui, bien s^ur! (can't figure out accents on my iPhone)

    ReplyDelete